business profile: Iceberry Cafe

venue: cafe/bar
location: Potomac Waterfront, Potomac Heights, DC
owner: April Hutchins


Located on the bustling Potomac Waterfront strip, the Iceberry Cafe serves up sweet treats, toasty goodies, and tasty beverages year round.



Hours are 11am to 11pm seven days a week. Seating inside will serve 25 customers, although there is plenty of space to sit outside or walk along the waterfront with an ice cream cone or take out cup of coffee.

(The venue can also be rented for birthday parties and other occasions. See owner for details.)


On the menu is also a wide assortment of juices, snacks, and drinks, ranging from milkshakes and juice spritzers for the kids to adult beverages for grown ups.

In the future, there are plans to expand the menu to include cupcakes, pastries, and other baked desserts!


April Hutchins has had a sweet tooth since before she could remember. She graduated from Lake City University with a degree in culinary arts and has always dreamed of owning her own bar—turns out that it would be an ice cream bar! 

April lives in Potomac Heights with her fiance and baby daughter.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is April's place! I love that. It looks totally perfect for her too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is like her dream job, lol! I figure that Beau has excellent credit, so I let them take out a little home equity loan so April could run this place.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for April, she got quite a nice location there for her ice cream shoppe! I really like that Newcrest waterfront area-- that's where it is at, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's the Newcrest waterfront. It's actually a HUGE lot she's on, but I'm just saying that April owns this one single building on it. (There's some space upstairs, too, if she wants to expand in the future.) I'll eventually fill out the other buildings with other businesses as I get ideas for them.

      Delete
  3. Aww this is awesome! So happy that April got to open a sweets shop! She was always bubbly, and while she was cool in the bar scene, I love this for her grownup self. The name is great too, makes me think of Strawberry Shortcake, which is about the sweetest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this for grownup April, too. She's made some positive changes in her life, and not to say that a bar would have been bad for her, exactly, but this will be better.

      After googling it, it seems I shamelessly stole the name from a frozen yogurt shop we have here called Iceberry. I thought it seemed kind of familiar. I was also switching back and forth between this and Greenberry, since she decorated the place in green, so I might still change it. Although there's a coffee shop in DC called Greenberry too, so I can't win, lol!

      Delete