Fall Festival at Coolidge House Country Inn

October 2086. 


Here is where the girls went while the boys were left home alone. Sharon asked Stephanie and Maria to bring their kids into work today—they have a very important job to do. They need to brainstorm ideas for the fall festival. Sharon doesn't have any kids of her own, so she needs to borrow her employees' children for this task.


Stephanie supervises her little ones with the pumpkin cutting knives. Maybe a bit advanced for a four and five-year-old.


Or maybe not. Willow's pumpkin came out great.

(Mostly I wanted to test whether sims could visit this lot as visitors, carve a pumpkin, and take it home with them. Which they can! Just how I wanted it to work!)



The stuffed animals are a hit with the kids.


Stephanie also tells Sharon about a brand new rock climbing wall she saw on the news that shoots fire out of it!

That sounds a bit extreme for a family-themed fall festival, but Sharon will keep it in mind.

The fall festival will happen here at the Coolidge House Country Inn from mid-October through the beginning of November. Of course, Sharon also hopes that it will give her a chance to meet more constituents and secure more votes for her campaign. But that isn't the only reason she's doing this. She's wanted to host a fall festival here on her property for a long time.


But what is there for the little ones to do? Maria lets Johanna wander around and see what fun she can find.


The light display is amusing. But, as they expected, they need to brainstorm a little bit more for the toddlers. Maria suggests that Sharon might order one of those ball pits for the little ones to play in.

That sounds more family-friendly than a fire-spitting wall—Sharon isn't sure that third-degree burns would look very good for her campaign—so she makes a note of the website to order from.


But a safely contained bonfire for marshmallows adds nicely to the fall ambiance.



In other news, Sharon has hired a fourth employee to help with the workload. This is Drake (perhaps better known as Bentley's little sister's boyfriend), and he'll start working with them this fall. He is a student at Dresden College this fall, and he would love to earn some extra cash by bussing tables and washing dishes.




notes: it looked like she might climb right into the water and my imagination got overexcited, lol! But no, she can only sit on the edge of it. I wish... 

Maybe I can fake it! :D


I was super disappointed to discover that these very expensive paintings do pretty much nothing. They change into spooky paintings, of course, but the sims do not react at all to them and they don't get a moodlet, either.

Believe it or not, this will be my first season ever playing with the spooky pack stuff! The last two falls in story time, we skipped right over most of the fall for plot reasons. And the years before that in story time, spooky stuff hadn't released yet. But now that I'm in rotation mode, I was really looking forward to trying this stuff out. 

My sims' favorite objects were the light show, the pumpkin carving, and the candy bowl. The paintings were blah. The spooky party will be fun when I get around to that, although I'll be hunting through the toddler downloads to see what costumes I can make for them. There were no toddlers when the spooky pack was released, so they don't have any, unfortunately. 



I attempted to build a haunted house kind of structure. It looks cool, but there isn't anything for the sims to react to or interact with. They can only look at the objects like they would look at any painting. Kind of boring, lol! 

Has anyone done a haunted house in game before? Or seen one done? Any ideas?  

8 comments:

  1. I bet this fall they'll add toddler Halloween costumes... . but your fall festival will be done by then :-(

    Your fall festival is going to be so neat to see- it looks great already.

    The Spooky pack is great in my opinion and I'm so glad your sims could carve a pumpkin and take it home. That's really cool. The toddlers being able to climb up on things is also great and I love your shot of Johanna making her way for the splashy water.

    Simdale Valley had a fall festival with a haunted house and I'm trying to remember what I did with it... it is on the gallery (https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/56388F951A0D11E68328D3D0AAF9AF0E) but I don't think I put anything else in it other than the scary pictures, cob webs and decor. You could put the candy bowl in it because sometimes sims get a scared moodlet from it, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spooky pack is one of the better stuff packs. There is really quite a lot of gameplay included for just $10. Of course, I want more, lol!

      Your fall festival is great! You've got some things in yours that I didn't think of, like the photo studio setup. That's a great idea, especially with everyone in their costumes.

      That is a good idea to move the candy bowl into the haunted house. Yes, there is a chance for a scared moodlet, so at least that's something.

      Delete
  2. I feel like a fire-spitting rockclimbing wall is too extreme for just about everywhere. WTF, EA?!

    But the fall festival looks amazing! I do appreciate that in the later games, EA seems to have gone to a bit more effort to give sims new things to do on community lots (and at home). TS2 is a teensy bit lacking in that area.

    I will die from Johanna's cuteness! So, so adorable! Willow and Lily carving pumpkins was very sweet (and injury-free).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, that wall is insane. I did find just the right place for it in my game, though—an outdoor adventure park, lol! That's about the only kind of place I could imagine something like that. I wouldn't even put it in an indoor gym if I did have room for it. :D

      Delete
  3. Your fall festival looks great and this really is the perfect lot to host it! The pumpkin carving is really awesome and extra points for the kids being able to take them home! Johanna is beyond adorable, and her little tush climbing into the water fountain is just way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad they can take the pumpkins home. Now I don't need to have all of my families make room to buy that stupid carving table. The carving is really neat, but it's annoying that it seems every activity in this game needs its own giant object to use.

      Delete
  4. The carve your own pumpkin and take it home is an awesome idea!

    I've never done anything with spooky stuff in game before. I dunno why, maybe because we don't really celebrate it that much over here in Australia. But also I'm just probably to lazy to decorate knowing that I just have to remove it all once it's over, lol! I do like seeing what other people get up to in game with the spooky stuff though.

    Bummer about those paintings, that sims don't react to them. EA do some silly things sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True story about the decorating! For most of my holidays in game (whether Halloween or Christmas or whatever), I just choose one or two families to host the festivities and leave the other lots alone. So at least I'm not decorating several lots and having to undo it all. That would be a nightmare!

      Delete