obituary: Robert Randolph Kim



born: May 16, 2034
died: July 13, 2088 (heart attack)

He was 54 years old. 





Robert was a loving husband, playful father, and devoted grandfather. He moved his family to Lakeside Heights, Michigan, when his son was a child. There, he and his wife Cynthia made themselves a beloved part of their community. Twenty years later, he and Cynthia moved again to Copper Hill, Michigan, to be near their son and grandchildren. Family was one of the proudest accomplishments in Robert’s life.

Robert was a skilled grillmaster, and enjoyed the smell of a juicy steak on a sunny summer day. His back yard was always a welcome place to family and neighbors. He spend his working years in freelance programming, but his real passion was in tinkering. He was an avid fan of model train sets, wood crafts, and custom computer builds. He passed his love of handiness and electronics down to his son, Justin. 

He completed his knowledge aspiration, computer whiz, and earned the “webmaster” trait.

Nothing much ever got him down. Always in good humor, an autopsy confirmed that his heart attack was caused by laughter, an overabundance of playful moodlets on “talk like a pirate” day. He was otherwise in good health, and his passing came as a terrible shock to his family. While doctors warn that mixing moodlets on special occasion days could be a serious danger, none of them had ever heard of it happening before.  

Robert is survived by his loving wife Cynthia; son, Justin; daughter-in-law, Stephanie; three grandchildren, Lily, Willow, and Benji; and good friend Cyd Roseland. He was loved by his family and friends and will be deeply missed. 






2 comments:

  1. RIP Robert! I always forget he, Cynthia and Justin were just that random premade family from TS2 Pets. They became a *lot* more in your story. It's always weird when I see other people talking about them, because I think of them as your sims!

    Kind of nice to die laughing, I guess? There are worse ways to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Please forget, lol! I like to think of them as having the same name, but being no relation. I think I probably changed everything about them, and I truly don’t remember what the default sims were supposed to be like. Weren’t they actors, or something?

      Sometime later in my TS2 days I began to delete all the premades in every game I started, but earlier on, many slipped in. All of my neighborhood founders married the Uni premades, and I also married in a bunch of the default cashier teens that I think everybody had. But now I like knowing that all of my sims are deeply and truly MINE. So if you want to think of that family as mine, too, I am A-OK with that! 😄

      Delete