Copper Hill November, a seasonal texture pack

Please note: this mod comes AS-IS. Because of the way I work on my seasonal texture replacements as I play through the calendar year in my game, these monthly packs may never be 100% complete. For example, right now, northern districts in my game are about 80% done and southern districts are about 20% done. But it's time for me to move on to December, so I won't get a chance to work on this November set again until next sim-year.

At my pace, that could be another year in real life, too.

Also note, we can probably expect a seasons EP soon that will blow the whole thing out of the water.

But some people have expressed interest in partaking in the Copper Hill experience anyway (as I do in my own game, obviously), so here it is. I will likely share the other months, too, as I work through my sims' calendar year.

(click for bigger)
Copper Hill November represents the tail end of autumn in Windenburg. Fall colors are past peak and some of the trees are beginning to thin. You'll find lots of ruddy reds, muddy browns, and if you look closely, even some decay as the dying leaves begin to crumble.
  



Don't they all look chilly?! Too bad sims can't feel temperature in TS4. :\

Soon, we all hope!


The grass has dulled and most wildflowers are dead, but evergreens stay ever green, obviously.

 Cherry trees do not stay pink throughout the year. Many trees will be bare soon, but not quite yet.

In the South, in the towns of Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Magnolia Promeade, fall *should* be at about full color. In future updates to this pack, these towns will be much brighter in November. But now, as I said above, it's not finished.

For now, you will find noticeable pops of color, although progress is only at about 20% of what I hope to complete in the future.



This mod aims to make minimal changes to the towns of San Myshuno and Oasis Springs, since they are imagined to be from the Southwestern US states which have a warmer climate and fewer changes in the trees. However, some plant files are shared in game across the worlds, so there will be a touch of color in those worlds, too.


Pictured but not included: clouds by alf-si

Also pictured but not included: "Windenburg, Michigan" no alpine mountains for Windenburg, by me (coming soon).

This mod will conflict with any other seasonal mods you might use. It can't harm your game, but one file might override another visually in unexpected ways.

This set is quite large at nearly 35MB, although it is smaller than some other seasonal mods (because it's not as complete, lol!).

Thanks to KiwiSims4 for the grass terrain files, and Zerbu for the road curb pieces.

Made with: Sims 4 Studio, Sims4PE, GIMP, and a handy dandy Bamboo tablet.



*** important tip: always keep your seasonal downloads separated from other CC 
so you can change them out with the seasons. ***

***TOU: please don't be shady. Don't re-upload, don't ad.fly, don't pay site, don't claim as your own. Many of these branches are drawn and/or edited by hand and it has taken me many many hours of work. If you would like to support my madness, feel free to buy a book or tell your bookish friends about them. ***

3 comments:

  1. Laura, your work on the trees for the seasonal changes is astoundingly detailed and I'm sure it will put whatever EA does for seasons to shame. I really hope the weather will have an actual effect on sims, when it does come. Also, I'd love to be able to download your Windenburg without the Alpine background, thanks in advance for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! It honestly looks (at least!) as good as any autumnal textures EA has ever done. :)

    ReplyDelete