graduation 2088

June 2088. 

This evening is presented by April Harris, Education Minister. 









AH: “Welcome, friends, family, and esteemed graduates! Tonight we gather in San Catalina, California, to congratulate our graduating class of 2088! This year’s graduating class was brimming with talent, but one student inched out ahead with her dedication to service and community as Class President and National Merit Kindness Ambassador. Please enjoy a speech by this year’s valedictorian, Delphie Deppiesse, from Fort Palms High School.”



“Thank you, everyone. The last four years were an overwhelming time for all of us. There were times I wondered if we’d ever speak at an ordinary graduation like we are tonight. I know we are all so grateful to be here. What stands out to me as the turning point of these years is community and kindness. My family was welcomed into the Fort Palms community after having to evacuate from our home in Lakeside Heights. In turn, I always hope to pay back that kindness because kindness is free to offer. I want to thank Pastor Collins at the Fort Palms Church, my parents, my big brother Dallas, and I’d like to thank my sister, Dakota, for always being my louder and bolder half since the day we were born. She would want you to know that she’s just as brilliant as I might be, but I just had more community service hours.”



AH: “Thank you, Delphie. Next, we will have our ceremonial passing of the class presidency. (gameplay = senior class club leader). 

Chosen by a panel of his peers, Samuel Harris will represent the high school class of 2089 next year.

“Thanks, mom—I mean, everyone. I’ll do my best.”

AH: “Now, congratulations to all of our graduates!”


Delphie Deppiesse, Fort Palms High School. GPA: A+

— Delphie graduates from Fort Palms High School with honors. She secured the top spot of valedictorian, always dutifully completing her homework even after final grades were turned in. She completed her first aspiration, Kindness Ambassador. She looks forward to working on her second aspiration in nature as a champion of the environment. She goes on to Sierra Nova University with scholarships in logic, handiness, and charisma. She’s enrolled in the pre-med program in hopes of becoming a doctor.


Dakota Deppiesse, Fort Palms High School. GPA: A

— Dakota graduates from Fort Palms High School with an A average. She plans to LIVE IT UP at Sierra Nova University and aspires to make sure nobody takes themselves too seriously. She will study music theory and has earned a scholarship in music on the guitar. She really hopes to meet some kick-ass individuals to start an epic band. Rock on!


Austin Turner, Pacific County High School. GPA: B+

— Austin graduates from Pacific County High School with a B+ average. He will not attend university and plans to get straight to work on his family’s farm. But he will attend some of Dakota’s college parties next fall, because they sound like a good time.


Desmond Banks, Fort Palms High School. GPA: A-

— Desmond graduates from Fort Palms High School with an A- average. He goes on to Sierra Nova University to study computer systems with scholarships in logic and programming. Nobody ever invites him to the parties, but they also don’t notice him when he shows up anyway.


Yvette Bachman, Sierra Nova University, Communications. GPA: A

— Evie has been hired by Nebula Robotics in San Catalina, as Director of Public Relations (Social Media, PR branch, level 4). Here she will facilitate both large and small volume sales contracts and nurture the company’s public brand. She looks forward to moving with her boyfriend, Odin, into their stylish new apartment in the Fashion District.


Andre Sylvester, Sierra Nova University, Biology/Pre-Med. GPA: A+

— Andre will continue his medical studies at Potomac Graduate College in Maryland, where he aims to study Emergency Medicine. He will live in the dorms with his best buddy and fellow med student, Calvin. He looks forward to spending more time with his sister and little niece, who also live in the area.


Calvin Banks, Sierra Nova University, Biology/Pre-Med. GPA: A-

— Calvin will continue his medical studies at Potomac Graduate College in Maryland, where he aims to study Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine. He will live in the dorms with his best buddy and fellow med student, Andre. Calvin also has family in the area, although he swaps places with his younger brother, Desmond, who is moving out west to attend SNU this fall.


Luis Talbot, Sierra Nova University, Economics. GPA: B+

— Luis happily accepts a full-time position as an Account Manager (Business, level 4 > Investment branch) at Close Mutual Investments, in Sierra Nova, where he has been an intern for over a year. As a star intern, he is eager to work his way up the ranks as quickly as he can. He has an apartment in the Financial District of San Catalina and a stock portfolio to rival men twice his age.


Amy Jones, Dresden College, Biology/Nursing. GPA: A-

— Amy will begin her nursing clinicals at Potomac Graduate College in Maryland, where she lives with her husband and their cat. She and hubby, Blair, are saving up for a down-payment on their first home, hoping to find something with at least a few bedrooms so they can start a family! They will stay on the east coast to be near family, although they haven’t settled on an exact location just yet.


~ graduation picspam ~










gameplay notes: with nine graduates this year, I was only able to bring friends and family to the ceremony for half of them. I let the uni graduates have their families present since I just spent a lot of time with my high schoolers at prom. Also didn’t get as many pics afterward as I might have liked, because I had so many sims on the lot that most of them left, lol!   

8 comments:

  1. Hi, long-time lurker here, loving these new updates!
    I noticed one of the flashback posts referred to Luis doing extra electives, which made me wonder if you're still using your own uni system or do you use any elements from Discover University?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Izy! I’m always happy to hear from long-time lurkers! :)

      Actually, I am really enjoying the gameplay of Discover University! And I do use a lot of it. I like the course selection, although I don’t really like the layout of required courses they chose for the majors. At least we can choose our electives to make it a little more customizable. And it doesn’t really play well with how I played and tracked my classes before, but I’m trying to come up with a system that blends the two. I like that studying and doing their homework raises the skills they’re supposed to be studying, and that’s really what my old uni system was trying to accomplish. So I guess I’m happy with that.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, that makes sense! I've just recreated my Sims 2 BACC sims in Sims 4 (Sims 2 loading times have become untenable now I have a 1 year old & don't have particularly long play windows!), so I'm trying to work out how I want to play. I think it'll take a while! I'm enjoying the Discover University gameplay, except it doesn't seem particularly friendly to rotational gameplay (which I think you've talked about before).
      As I didn't pre-set romantic relationships between most of my YA couples, it's been interesting to see one couple easily/naturally struck up a friendship/relationship (the ones who were all over each other in Sims 2) vs. the couple who are still on somewhat tense/argumentative acquaintance terms despite my encouragement to be nicer to each other (& now I think of it in Sims 2 she always seemed more interested in family than in the bf)! Not sure yet whether they're a Vicky/Vale situation or whether it was a poor pairing all along...

      Delete
    3. Congrats on your little one! Oh how I know the struggle! But after one year old, they start to take longer naps, and that’s when I got my gaming time in!

      Rotations and Uni are difficult to manage, but I’ve come up with a schedule that works for me. Almost all of my students pass, most get As and Bs. There will be the occasional random fail that I don’t see coming, but I think that may be by design with Discover University.

      Monday: 4am, SNU enroll - the rest of the day is free
      Tuesday: SNU class day #1
      Wednesday: 4am, DAC enroll, 8am – SNU class day #2
      Thursday: DAC class day #1
      Friday: DAC class day #2
      weekend
      weekend
      Monday: SNU exams
      free day
      Wednesday: DAC exams

      So this allows each set of students to attend at least once for each class they’re enrolled in, and attend final exams. Term papers and presentations can be turned in whenever. Homework and studying can also be done whenever.

      It’s a big chunk out of my 28-day season, but I am able to rotate away from my uni students after their last class of any day, as well as on weekends, so it’s not like I’m stuck playing uni students for the entirety of those 10 days. It’s not too bad.

      And yes, TS4 does seem to have some very mysterious chemistry (or repulsion) going on with some couples. I actually really enjoy it when they don’t get along perfectly. It keeps the gameplay fresh!

      Thanks for coming by to chat! I’ve enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! Austin is cute. Your red headed sims always seem to catch my eye. Looking forward to the next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I like redheads, too! Austin is a favorite of mine. I can see him getting much more story time in the future. I have some plans! :)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I always love your graduations! I'm so excited this time to see Delphie and Dakota take on the world as YAs now!

    It made me smile to see Amy and Blair still together. Awww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I’m excited for them to start their uni years, too! Especially tying into the stories I already wrote for Delphie a couple years in the future from this point. I will probably retake some of the pictures (because they were from 2015 base game, lol!), but I’m 100% keeping her stories as they were. I don’t think Dakota had as much story written in 2091, except that she’s destined to drop out, which shouldn’t come as a huge surprise to anyone, lol!

      Delete