Deppiesse family (picspam)

January 2, 2087. Orion Deppiesse is 53, Violet is 52, Dallas is 21, Lucy is 20, Delphie and Dakota are 16, Cassie is 1.


Just a quickie little visit with the Deppiesse family in the lazy days of their winter break.

Dallas and Lucy are finishing off plans for their (re)wedding, which will happen in May. They are still waiting on news of a move with the ISCA shuttle launch site, but a suitable location is still being discussed and no date has been set. (I have no freaking open lots in my game, lol!) So they can rest assured any future move won't conflict with their wedding plans.




Studious Delphie takes the lazy winter break to catch up on some school work.


Seriously? You're not wearing a disguise. She's your granddaughter, she's a baby, and she's an alien too. I don't think she's judging you. 😂


Nekkid tickle party.


Fascinating.


If Cassie could speak more than eight words, she might say, "Excuse the hell out of me! Do you think your shit smells like roses? Nobody invited you in here anyway!"

(Her face, OMG, lol! Let's have a close-up, shall we?)



Uncle Cabe was just getting no love from anybody in this visit. But Dakota is stripey and feeling a little under the weather.


Pretty much delirious at this point.


But she has a school project to work on. In their junior year of high school, the twins have an electrical science project assigned.


Delphie's project turned out amazing, of course.


Dakota's project turned out a little lopsided, but she thinks it might pass. She feels terrible though.


Scrub-a-dub-dub.


Dolly cuddles.


Violet was holed away in her darkened bedroom for most of winter break because I am making her re-write the sci-fi trilogy she had written in TS2, after which, she'll add a fourth book. But by my gameplay rules, published authors need to write two identical drafts of each book—one for publication and one to sell in the retail stores (copies can't be published or sold, only originals). So that's actually eight books. She's very busy! She won't see the light of day for a few more years, I'd guess. ;)



11 comments:

  1. Fun to see this family. Poor Violet! And that embarrassed mood was so silly. I look forward to Dallas and Lucy’s wedding and where they’ll move too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finally a bit more inspired to do their (re)wedding, if only because I struck upon some drama to write about (not having to do with Dallas and Lucy, of course). Drama among wedding guests is always fun! :)

      The move though. I have no lots suitable for my launch site. Literally no usable lots. They're all either too small, too suburban, too urban, too whatever, or already being used for something else. This game is killing me! The science career lot would be perfect for a military base/launch site if it was generally visitable by whatever sims I needed to go there. I have the mod to visit there at will, but even then, it's super annoying to get more than one sim there for a gameplay or story session. Ugh. I need CAW.

      Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I wonder if the jungle pack will come with a new world. But it will probably be a vacation destination like Outdoor Retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some info out for it already (from a game code leak, I think, but pretty official). Yes on a new destination world, Mesoamerican jungle themed with archaeology and tomb exploration. It sounds super fun, but right, nothing I can use for a shuttle launch base, lol!

      Delete
    2. On that note though, I am SO excited to have Delphie study real archaeology! SO EXCITED!!! :D She's only 16 in my timeline right now, but I could see her wanting to do a summer study program in the jungle.

      Delete
    3. That's really cool. Archaeology is one of my favorite interests for light reading (like National Geo, not academic papers).

      Delete





  3. Ah, I always appreciate a Lucy and Dallas update. <3 Oh my gosh, Cassie is killing me! She is so cute and she has such attitude already! I can't wait to see her as she gets older.

    Is Delphie's stripiness a TS4 disease or something? I haven't seen that before.

    And wow, you work your authors so hard! In TS2 at least, I don't mind that sims finish their novels and then immediately publish and sell them - it makes up for the fact that they only ever get that one payout for them and that's it! Where're those royalties at, TS2?! Surely some of my sims are actually successful and would still be earning money on their books, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the stripes are a TS4 illness. It looks pretty silly, lol! I try not to take pictures of them with most of the illnesses because they're so silly, but after this post, I actually downloaded a mod to remove the visual effects. So now they'll still get sick and still feel terrible, but they should look pretty normal. :D

      Oh, right, TS2 was just one payment upon completion, wasn't it? But I recall it being a pretty big payment. TS4 royalties are smaller but you get (I think) 20 payments before they fizzle out.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, the lowest I've ever received with book royalties was around about $1000 and the highest was over $4000. I liked the idea of continuing royalties as in TS3 but the payments were so piddly. Even all added up, it never seemed like much.

      I'm semi-experimenting to see how big the payments get in TS2. They seem to increase slightly with each novel but I started Zelda so late in life that I'm not sure I'll see real results. I'll see how some of my younger writers go.

      Delete
  4. Delphie studying real archaeology will be super fitting! And lol on being discovered! Lucy and Dallas! I love them! It's soo good to see them and I'm looking forward to their wedding and the guest drama! Because that is always fun unless it's your own wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The archaeology activities in TS4 are really fun! Totally in line with a university program.

      I can't wait to share the wedding drama! :D

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete