Dallas and Lucy, a history

This is just a bit of a refresher for those who read the TS2 version of Dallas and Lucy, or a history for those who didn't, and to fill in the missing gaps between where their story left off in the year 2084. I did make Dallas and Lucy as TS3 sims, but I never added them to my 1980's version of LH, so there was nothing missed in that "era."


First, a recap:

In TS2, the last we saw of Dallas and Lucy together was July of 2083. Lucy had just turned seventeen, and Dallas was eighteen. In the coming fall, Dallas would be going off to study abroad after winning a very prestigious scholarship, and Lucy would be stuck at home finishing out her senior year of high school. They only had a few weeks left together.


No worries, though, because Dallas had a plan. And a ring. And a promise that he would come back to her after he finished his studies, and that he would get a good job and take care of her, and they would get married and start their life together, and have at least three beautiful babies and a dog.

Awww, look how sweet they were, little high school sweethearts.

And with the best of intentions, Dallas went off to study, and Lucy started her senior year of high school.

October of 2083, the closest Lucy ever got to college was visiting her best friend Summer in the dorms. She and Summer had a lot of fun that year, but carrying on a long-distance relationship was hard for Lucy and Dallas. Being in high school still was difficult for Lucy because all of her friends had graduated the previous year, and even her cousin, Melissa, had moved away. And Lucy found herself lonely and disinterested in school.

Dallas was concerned because Lucy wouldn't tell her parents about the engagement. She wouldn't wear her engagement ring at home, either. For reasons, though. The prospect of telling Lucy's mom that she intended to get married right after high school was a scary thing. Lucy's mom was very much unlike Dallas's parents, and she had very specific expectations of what her children should or shouldn't do with their lives. Lucy also wouldn't tell her mother that even if she did go to college, she intended to study dance and not science.

(Also, on a complete side note, holy crap, the posing capabilities in that game were phenomenal, lol! Very time consuming, but wow, the things that could be done!)

Also, while Dallas was away, there were some steamy study-sessions with a very fiery dormie that Dallas went abroad with. I am happy to announce that nothing ever came of that, beyond a little bit of angst and some very cold showers. Dallas was a good boy. And Iris was actually very much in love with her boyfriend at the time, too.

Anyway, that was about the point where Dallas and Lucy's story stopped on that blog. Some of the other characters had "endings" for their stories—any of the stories that were near a logical end, I tried to give them an ending. Or well, maybe not "endings," but resolutions, at least. Dallas and Lucy didn't get one, really, because their story was nowhere near the end. In fact, it was really just beginning. And I had bitten off more than I could chew with blogging this story in the format I was, as well as writing all the other things I wanted to write. It was just too much, so I had to end it.

What would have come next: 

In the spring of 2084, I had a lot of story planned for Lucy. Lucy would have had a falling out with her mother over what she intended to do with her life. It was bound to explode at some point, because Lucy would be turning eighteen soon, and it was her life to live how she wanted. And she didn't even want to go to college. She wanted to get married, and have some kids, and maybe eventually be a dance teacher or something. Finally, to make matters even worse, Lucy's grandparents passed away (Tad and Tosha Harris), one right after the other, that spring. Lucy was their eldest grandchild, and their not-so-secret favorite, and Lucy took that very hard.

Dallas would have found himself woefully unhappy studying abroad, compounded by the idea that Lucy was miserable at home and there was nothing he could do to comfort her being so far away. He would miss Lucy and his family and his friends, and he would finally decide that two years abroad, no matter what a great opportunity it was, was just too long. He was homesick. So Lucy said to him, "Why don't you just come home then?"

So he did. He was only gone for about eight months rather than two years.

And thus, we have Cassie.

Simple fact: Lucy was not on birth control when Dallas came home, because she didn't expect him home for another year. And well, you have to imagine they went at it like crazy after being apart for eight months. Oops.

Another simple fact: Dallas was the one who drew that "knocked up" ROS from round 2082, and they were destined to get pregnant. Oops. ;)

Their next stories pick on here on this blog as part of round 2084 aka Drown.

Specifically: Drown #7.5, welcome home

7 comments:

  1. TS2 posing is awesome. If I can't do exactly what I want in that game, I can usually come up with something fairly close that will satisfy me. I tried out some TS3 poses and there were some really lovely ones that I wished I had in TS2. But no layering? No separate facial expressions? I ended up removing them, I think.

    Anyway, I'm glad for the catch up, so thank you! I don't know how I was imagining things to go for Lucy and Dallas, apart from staying together. I always assumed they would do that and hoped it would happen through the sheer force of my will, lol!

    Cassie is adorable. <3 She looks kind of cheeky, which I love. TS4 Lucy is a really close match to TS2 Lucy from what I can see here...I feel like maybe I've said that before? Did you make her with the CAS trial or something? Getting an odd sense of deja vu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I had so much fun reviewing the old stories and putting this together! :D

      Oh, and TS3 facial expressions, no matter what the pose, are especially wonky, IMO. Mouths and noses get really weird. Though I always love the point in a new sims game where poses don't exist, like now for TS4. No temptation to use them and take on all that stress and frustration, lol! Maybe I should vow to never use them for TS4.

      Yes, I did make Dallas and Lucy with the CAS demo. I am happy with Lucy and Dallas, but I want to tweak Delphie and Dakota a little bit to more closely match their TS2 selves. Or maybe just Dakota. I think Delphie turned out adorable in TS4!

      Delete
  2. I skipped back and ahead to read this! (I'm planning to read your Sims 4 posts from the beginning when you started posting) When I saw Dallas and Lucy I just had to read it right away. They have lived on in my mind for years after having read about them in your Lakeside Heights. I'm so thrilled to see them and Cassie in Sims 4, and it is really fun to read the synopsis of the interlude.

    I never used posing nearly as extensively as you all in Sims 2 and I agree, it was a lot of work, but could be very rewarding. Although I'm still very nostalgic for Sims 2, I am definitely enjoying just blogging about the vanilla game and my simmies right now in Sims 4, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! There are quite a lot of them now, lol! All the entries are also tagged by name, if you want to browse that way.

      I am so happy that you remembered Dallas and Lucy after all these years. :)

      I have only just now started to dabble in poses for TS4. The strange thing about them is that the creators usually choose the same animation to modify (like "friendly hug" for example), and so you have to choose very carefully which pose you want in your game before you start playing. That's fine with me though, because it means I don't overload myself with posing headaches.

      I have to say, I do with I had the freezer clock from TS2! There is nothing more annoying than trying to get one sim doing one thing, while another sim walks off to start dancing or something, lol!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I had hoped that Get to Work would have poses like the Bon Voyage ones, that you could use anywhere. And I miss the freezer clock! I turn free will off temporarily but it is still a pain.

      Delete
  3. I'm happy that Lucy and Dallas are still together. Some of the things happening I didn't expect happening but they're just so sweet and I want them to have a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good! They've had a couple scary moments, but nothing they couldn't handle together. :)

      Delete